Thursday, January 29, 2015

Desert Sands Challenge Reveal
 


This is my first time participating in one of Andrew Thornton's challenges!  I found a few ceramic glazes that matched the sandy color scheme of the large collection of beads included in the challenge kit.  I made some charm pairs and 2 pendants for necklaces.  Sadly, the necklaces haven't come to life yet, but I made a few fun bracelets and earrings!
 
 
This is what remains for me to make 2 necklaces with.  The reveal will have to wait until I return from Tucson.  I fly out tomorrow for 12 days!  I sell my ceramic beads at To Bead True Blue and I hope to see lots of beading friends there...and of course make some new ones!

I used memory wire for the base of these 2 fun bracelets.  The mix of beads were fun....I just randomly stung them on.  The top bracelet features 2 hand rolled ceramic beads that I created for dangle accents and the bottom bracelet contains the kit mystery component.  At first my mind went to necklace pendant, but I love it as a bracelet dangle!
There were so many great earring beads in this mix of challenge beads.  I have sorted some out for future earrings.  But for now, I have created these....all fun and happy little designs!
 
If you'd like to see more of my ceramic beads, please visit www.fireflydesignstudio.etsy.com and visit the blogs of the other challenge participants!
 
 
On Andrew Thornton's blog:Andrew Thornton, Naama from Peculiaris, Nancy Noyes-Ward, Janice Ferrari, Lisa Mendum, Cheryl Lee Tucker http://andrew-thornton.blogspot.com/
 



7 comments:

  1. Great designs! I hope we get to see the necklaces for the catch up hop. Enjoy Tucson...happy selling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work! Your earrings are awesome, love the wraparound look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great earrings and bracelets. I love using beads from Andrew's kits just randomly together too. You can't go wrong because they are all so beautiful together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't Andrew's mixes great for earrings? I always seem to end up with bunch.

    Great designs all and I hope that you will show off the necklaces at the catch up hop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry I won't see you out in Tucson this year! Best of luck! I think the bracelets you made are really fun! I love that they can be worn together or separately and give a really dramatic, visual impact. There's such a lusciousness to the many wraps. And the earrings are just lovely! I love that you've created a whole set of them! I think they've got a lot of good mojo! Nicely done! And thank you for participating! And good luck out in the desert!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your ceramic pieces are lovely! I wish I had taken the time to hop before Tucson - I definitely would have looked for you. I spent some $$ at TBTB!
    Great earrings! I have a few pairs designed in my mind.
    Love the memory wire bracelets!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! I love the eclectic memory wire bracelets and your ceramic beads are perfect elements to complement the earth tones. The earring sets will mix and match with the bracelets and I love the wire wrapped elements. So pretty and fun!

    ReplyDelete