Thursday, September 17, 2015

Warrior Stone Design Challenge


This challenge kit from our host, Andrew Thornton, is perfect for fall.  The beads
 included are warm shades of beige, brown and cream.  I love to pour the bead out onto 
my work table and sift and sort through all the treasures.  I began pairing up Czech glass, 
gemstones, glass pearls and crystals into earring sets.  I dug into my stash for some 
accent  pieces and I found some filigree leaves and ceramic round charms glazed a
 sandy beige.  Perfect!


This is my favorite pair.  I left the wire tail long, strung a crystal on it and curled it up for
 a fun accent.  I pressed it down on top of the stone to lay flat.


Andrew's mystery component is made out of polymer clay, so I decided to drill a
second hole at the bottom so I could add another layer of beads.  Once I was happy
with the layout of the pendant, I decided a simple antique copper chain was all it
needed.  I wanted it to remain the star in the design!


Please visit Andrew's blog to see the reveal of all the participants designs with
the Warrior Stone Challenge!  www.andrew-thornton.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment