Sunday, September 4, 2016

Olympic Inspired Jewelry

When I think of the Olympics this past summer, I think of the rings used in the logo.  Those rings have been used for as long as I can remember.  This year's tropical setting in Rio, also makes me think of tropical beaches in shades of teal, turquoise and beige.

I used the rings as my inspiration and the colors of Rio to make these ceramic hoop earrings paired with lamp work glass beads:
Then I took closed hammered rings and wire wrapped orphan ceramic and lamp work beads in between them to form a 30" over the head necklace.  I love that I was able to use these beads and make a one of a kind design, too!
Thank you to Melissa Trudinger for hostessesing our challenge!  To see how my friends used the Olympics as the inspiration for their jewelry designs, please visit:

www.windbent.wordpress.com
www.beadrecipes.wordpress.com

2 comments:

  1. Lovely piece! I love how you used the orphans...kinda like the refugee team this year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely piece! I love how you used the orphans...kinda like the refugee team this year! :-)

    ReplyDelete