Thursday, December 21, 2017

Tacky Holiday Earrings Blog Hop

Do you have an ugly Christmas sweater?  You will get to see mine and I am not sure if it's totally ugly, but it definitely is tacky!  So it was my inspiration when designing the earrings for this blog hop.

Our blog hop hostess, Diana Ptaszynski, always has fun ideas for her friends and this was a must do for me!  I needed a small break from my busy holiday show season and this was it!  So be sure to hop around all the blogs to see what the designers have come up with.

Since white deer are on my sweater, I purchased these 2 white acrylic deer pins at a holiday show I was selling at.  They were originally pins, so I said a little prayer before removing the pin backs so I didn't break them LOL!  I rubbed red alcohol ink on them then distressed the tops so the ink is barely seen in the recessed areas.  The eyes needed some bling, so I glued 2 flat back crystals on.  I also took a chance with the red pom poms with silver glitter accents.  They do not have holes so I again hoped my idea of shoving beading wire through them would work - and it did!  See - these tacky earrings were meant to be in my life!  I made 2 10mm emerald green ceramic beads and used 2 8mm clear faceted crystals to complete the look.
Here is the sweater that was the inspiration for these tacky earrings:
And a close up of the earrings:
Thanks Diana!  And I hope everyone has a fantastic holiday season!










8 comments:

  1. so sweet.. and tacky obviously :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorbs and I know you'll rock both the sweater and earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are perfect! Love all the creativity that went into creating these earrings! Have fun wearing them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are a lot of fun and give me a little giggle. It's great that they mack your tacky sweater too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute! For some reason, they remind me of ice skating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are great Michelle, just tacky enough I think, and they go perfectly with the sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The best-selling manufacturer of various scientific instruments and consumables,Anachem Lab is doing business with national institutes, R&D centers, quality assurance and testing facilities, CROs, hospitals, universities, the Environmental Pollution Board, thermal power plants, and a variety of industries, including those in the pharmaceutical, auto, cement, food processing, and beverage sectors. Anachem Lab provides a vast selection of Lab instruments and consumables in Delhi NCR for laboratories

    ReplyDelete