Thursday, October 29, 2015

Brave Angel Challenge Reveal


This is a special challenge hosted by Andrew Thornton of Allegory Gallery.  It is all about the fight against breast cancer....celebrating the women who have won the battle and never forgetting the women who lost the battle.  Pink is the color representing the hope of a cure one day soon.

I took a wonderful wire choker class from Staci Louise Smith at Bead Fest in August.  She is always encouraging her students to continue to use her design after the class is over, so I did just that for this challenge.  I used 16g silver plate wire to make the base of the choker.  There are 9 hand formed loops to dangle the beads from the kit off of.  I only altered 2 things this time...a second hole in Andrew's mystery component pendant and the multi tone pink ceramic spike that I made.


I am really happy with this statement piece.  It is 17" long, but with the fabulous middle focal dangle, that part hits at 24" long.  Put on a plain pink or white t-shirt, and get ready for the compliments to fly!  I will be auctioning this necklace to benefit the Breast Cancer Research Foundation next Tuesday and Wednesday in the Facebook Group, Art Beads.  I will be announcing that on my own Facebook page if you follow me there.  Please take a few minutes to hop around the other designers blogs to see their Brave Angel reveals. You can find the links at the bottom of Andrew's post at www.andrew-thornton.blogspot.com.   Michelle McCarthy from Firefly Design Studio

2 comments:

  1. What a fun design! You did a superb job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the structural detail of your choker and your handmade pendant drop. Great job!

    ReplyDelete